Each summer, Camp New Day offers a local camp for children with diabetes in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico. The one-week camp is an effort to provide a camp close to home, making it easier for children and teens to attend.
Registration fees will be based on a graduated fee schedule and each family's ability to pay. Camp New Day does not want this fee to discourage anyone from participating.
Application deadline is May 29, 2018.
Junior Camp (Ages 5-12)
Senior Camp (Ages 13-18)
Camp begins with check-in on the first day of each camp from 9-11 am. Checkout and programs will be at 9 am on the last day of each session.
- Fun and friendship with other children with diabetes
- Campers will live in cabins and use facilities of CETA GLEN Christian Camp
- Adult supervision of cabins, activities and free time
- Counselors to plan and direct a selection of games, sports and crafts for every age and skill level
- A pediatrician from the medical school faculty will be in residence to supervise each child’s medical needs
- Short courses in diabetes control will be taught by medical school faculty
- Meals and snacks will be planned and supervised by a registered dietician
- Children will be encouraged and supported in an effort to develop self-confidence in caring for themselves
- Children with diabetes can lead a happy, normal life following good health practices
Clothing (enough for one week)
- Bathing suit
- Jeans or long pants
- Sneakers and socks
- Shorts and shirts
- Jacket or sweater
- Work clothes that may get ruined
- Two sheets
- Blanket, bedspread or sleeping bag
- Pillow and case
- Four bath towels
- Wash cloths
- Hand towels
- Any medication the child is taking other than insulin. All insulin will be provided at camp.